*Important CA Update to School Security Law: As of July 1, 2021, any person involved in school security, whether K-12, charter school or commmunity college, must take SB1626 training in order to be compliant. Is your school and/or security provider prepared?
Security training for K-12 and Community Colleges
Helping Make Safer Schools
Schools should be a safe place for students. However, we know that security risks exist on school campuses that need to be prepared for in order to prevent, de-escalate or properly handle.
GuardsLink, a leading provider of online security training, is here to assist schools, from elementary through the community college level, remain compliant and ensure consistent and quality training to those in a security role. You can assign the appropriate training to individuals, monitor and track training completion, and securely maintain compliant certificates of completions, all from within the GuardsLink training platform.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Law and Policy Pertaining to Juveniles and Schools (Crime versus Code of Conduct/Discipline)
- California Criminal Law and Civil liabilities
- Working Effectively with Students
- Understanding School Violence, History of School Violence, Mandatory Reporting, Restraining Order, Parenting Arrangements, and Orders for Protection
- Awareness Training on Handling Bomb Threats, Gangs, Active Shooters, Property Crimes, Fights, Basic Firefighting, Bullying, and Youth Mental Health First Aid
GuardsLink also continues the preparedness of your security staff by offering additional relevant training courses, including:
- Active Shooter – Preparedness and Response Training
- Handling Difficult People
- Communications and its Significance
- Observation and Documentation
- Preserving the Incident Scene